If you’re reading this and you’re a competent skater, you know it all already. The S.O.R. Team sometimes get nervy though, they’re always on edge. For some reason.
So if you’re thinking of taking part in the game – here are some ‘must know’s’:
– You need to be a competent street skater
– You must be able to control your speed on downhills, stop at short notice, turn safely and go up and down curbs
– You must be confident skating near other people on the road, with traffic and unmarshalled
– If you’ve never done a street skate before, this is not the best one to start with
The formal bit: ‘You skate at your own risk!’
It will be fun but responsibility for your safety rests entirely with you.
A few Do’s and Don’ts (yeah yeah…):
– Keep left! and don’t skate in oncoming traffic
– Don’t skate on the pavement. In some parts of town it’s illegal
– Don’t cause trouble with the traffic
– Don’t touch or hang onto vehicles. It’s illegal, and drivers get extremely angry about it
You will need:
– A clear head: Alcohol is a no-no: it affects your judgement and dehydrates you more quickly. It also creates a bad impression of the skate in the eyes of bystanders, other road users, and the police.
Be safe. Our friends at the LFNS recommend bringing these items with you: http://www.lfns.co.uk/about-the-lfns/what-to-bring/
Still interested and want to play? Get in touch: postman*at*speedofreaction*dot*com